• Typing, Microsoft Word and Excel
• First Aid and CPR
• Job applications
• Mock Interviews
• Counting money and giving
• Appropriate dress and attire
• Appropriate communication
topics with co-workers and employers
• Other certifications desired
Graduate Mentors will have one or more Entry or Senior Level Interns assigned to them who they will mentor with their job functions. Under the support of Pathways staff, they will be in charge of teaching skills and providing feedback to their Interns. This step also focuses on preparing for job interviews, creating resumes, and involves more off site job development.
Senior Level Intern
At this level, Interns will be independent in their job responsibilities but will be in close contact with Pathways staff or a Graduate Mentor. They will be assigned a Graduate Mentor that will give them jobs to do within the facility. Senior Interns will check in with them throughout the day and get feedback on their progress.
Entry Level Intern
All new participants will be trained, coached, and taught by a staff member or one of our Graduate Mentors. They will work closely with another individual to monitor their work and to provide immediate feedback. Clients will move to the next level of Internship when ready, on an individual basis.
Want to get started? Fill out your Initial Referral and submit to Ssanzo@Pathway2IndependenceOhio.org
• Weekly rotation through job responsibilities within our Dog Day Care Center
• Internship length will be determined by needs, desires, and skills of individual. Ideal range would be 9-12 months
• Three levels of Internship plus Coursework